Ethiopian Guji ShakisoRegular price $16.00 Save $-16.00
- Cupping Notes: Blueberry, Honey, Jasmine, Peach, and Rose.
- Light Bodied.
- Bright Acidity.
- Natural Processed.
- Single Origin.
- 12 oz. Bag.
The Shakiso district enjoys ideal coffee growing conditions. The area's volcanic soil is bursting with nutrients, creating a deep red and brown top-layer of soil. The landscape is semi-forest, and the coffee trees benefit from the natural canopy and decomposing debris. Finally, the high altitude, bi-modal rainfall pattern and dry weather allow coffee cherries to develop slowly. The variety of microclimates within Guji alone encourages the development of diverse flavor profiles that present beautifully as both filter and espresso coffee.
The Guji region came into the spotlight in the early 2000s when people discovered that Guji coffees exhibited unique and distinctive characteristics that set it apart from Yirgacheffe and other Ethiopian coffees.
- Geography:Region Guji Zone, Odo Shakiso, Reji Kebele
- Elevation: 1600 to 2,000 meters
- Producer: Various Smallholders
- Varietals: Heirloom Varietals
- Milling Process: Natural
- Harvest Start Month: October
- Harvest End Month: January